Velvet is a soft, rich fabric. It creates an atmosphere of opulence, indulgence and richness. This luxurious fabric velvet is back in focus in 2017 and is not limited to Indian wear. Velvet is making an appearance everywhere right from chokers to footwear and outer wear. Wearing it in an unexpected manner is the highlight of the season. Here are our top 5 velvet picks that will add a dash of glam to your wardrobe.
1. New Look printed bralette – We love this dainty, floral print bralette from New Look. Wear it on its own with a fitted skirt or throw a shirt over it and a pair of boyfriend jeans. This is a trend that is steadily going up the popularity chart. This cute bralette is available on www.koovs.com for Rs. 1,495.
2. Dorothy Perkins slim heels – A pair of slim heels is a necessity. This gorgeous pair of pink open toe heels is feminine and unique. Easy to maintain, we are eyeing this velvet beauty. You can buy these shoes online at www.myntra.com for Rs. 1,854 with discount.
3. Grey box clutch (available on www.labellife.com for Rs. 1,743) – If you had to carry just one party essential, then this box clutch is a sure winner. Grey toned and big enough to carry all your party must haves, this clutch deserves indulgence.
4. Bodycon dress – Bodycon dresses became popular because they are simple, modern and suit almost all body types. This velvet bodycon dress from JC Collections is the perfect pick me up for a formal dinner. Available on www.jabongs.com for Rs 935.
5. Rhinestone Velvet choker – Chokers can be hard to pull off! This self-tie wrap velvet choker from Forever 21 is smart and easily goes with everything. Available on www.forever21.com for Rs 599.
Don’t restrict velvet to just cupcakes. Indulge more than your sweet tooth this season.